We Personalize Medications
Just for You
Why might I use a compounding pharmacy?
- Compounding pharmacy services from Peoples Rx include:
Customized Formulations: Compounded prescriptions allow for the creation of personalized medications tailored to your specific needs and preferences.
- Alternative Dosage Forms: Compounding offers a variety of dosage forms. These include flavored liquids, creams, gels, troches, or lozenges. We can offer alternatives to patients who may have difficulty with standard forms like tablets or capsules.
- Allergy-Friendly Options: If you suffer from allergies, compounding allows for the removal of allergens or unnecessary additives. This can make making medications safer for patients with allergies or sensitivities.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): Compounding is commonly used in hormone replacement therapy. We can create personalized hormone formulations based on your individual hormone levels and needs.
- Combination Therapies: Compounding enables the creation of combination medications, reducing the number of separate medications a patient needs to take. This can enhance convenience and medication adherence.
- Flavor Customization: Compounded medications can be flavored to enhance tastiness. This makes it more likely that patients, especially children, will take their medications as prescribed.
- Dosage Flexibility: Compounding pharmacies can (in consultation with your doctor) adjust the dosage of medications, making it easier to find the optimal amount for a your unique requirements.
For further information about pharmaceutical compounding see the Q&A section of the FDA website.
Why Choose Peoples Rx for your Compounded Prescriptions?
Compounded prescriptions can be turned around and collected from your local Peoples Rx pharmacy in as little as 24 hours.
We prepare all compounded prescriptions at the Peoples Rx Compounding Center here in Austin, our state-of-the-art compounding lab. We utilize specialized equipment and rigorous quality assurance practices to ensure accuracy and precision in everything we do.
Simply click below to transfer your compounded prescription to Peoples Rx.
Transfer Your Compounded Prescription Today
Compounded Prescriptions for Pets
Not all of our furry and feathered friends do well with pills. That’s why people in Austin and all around Texas work with Peoples Rx compounding pharmacy to make customized compound medications for their pets.
Medicating your pet doesn’t have to be difficult! We can compound medication into a tasty treat that Milo (the dog) will gobble up with his meal and Luna (the cat) can lap right up in a yummy, fish-flavored liquid. We can even turn your compound prescription into a transdermal cream to rub on their ears while you are giving them tickles. Whatever your pet needs, we can make it!