Are you dealing with chronic stress? The stress load of the 21st Century can place, at times, unsustainable loads on our bodies, and can stack up to the point where it tips the body into ill health. Naturopath Peter McCarthy will introduce his new stress assessment model, the Stress Stack, which helps measures the related blocks of stress, such as:
- Diet – the foods and beverages we consume that directly contribute to the stress response
- Lifestyle – the everyday environmental factors at home or work which cause stress
- Cognitive filter – the factors which create the prism through which we view the world)
- Nutritional gap – the difference between what we eat and what our bodies really need
- Toxic burden – the toxins which we have been exposed to and carry around
- Trigger factor – that pivotal event that can potentially topple us into ill health
Peter McCarthy, BS, MA, CTN is a Nationally Board Certified Traditional Naturopath with over eleven years in practice, and is a former member of the Advisory Committee of the American Naturopathic Certification Board. He received his Doctor of Traditional Naturopathy degree from Trinity College of Natural Health. Peter is the founding chair of the Texas Health Freedom Coalition, the nation’s largest state-level natural health advocacy organization, and represents Texas as a voting member of the National Health Freedom Congress. He is the author of Adrenaline Nation, available at Peoples Rx.