Cocowhip Comes to Texas
Cocowhip, the extraordinarily tasty paleo, low-sugar, vegan-friendly soft serve, first came across my path the year I was living in Australia and studying Clinical Nutrition. Having been recently diagnosed with a severe dairy allergy and then becoming vegan soon after, this completely dairy-free treat became a regular part of my Australian experience. By the end of my time in Australia, I knew that I had to find a way to bring Cocowhip back home with me to Texas! A guilt-free soft serve in triple digit weather? Sounds like every Texan’s dream! For me, living without Cocowhip was no longer an option,so once my boots hit the ground back in Austin, I partnered up with my childhood best friend and now business partner, Abbey Ward to to bring Cocowhip across the pond and to its very first location in the Lone Star state: Peoples Rx Central at 4018 N. Lamar!
Cocowhip may be new to Texas, but it is already available in a few other states and 5 other countries with more on the way! This innovative and delicious invention is the creation of Danny Bogatie and Selasi Berdie, the owners of one of the most successful young cafes on the Australian Gold Coast: BSKT (pronounced “biscuit”). Blending Danny’s wish to have healthy soft serve available at the café and Selasi’s obsession with coconut water, Cocowhip was brought to life.
Here are some of the reasons I’m in love with Cocowhip:
- It’s made almost entirely of coconut water and is therefore hydrating and packed full of electrolytes.
- It’s also low in unrefined sugars, made from natural ingredients and packed full of bio-fermented probiotics. (Probiotics have been shown to improve digestion, energy and overall health)
- It’s entirely dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan
- It can serve as a great post-workout snack, a healthy treat for families or just a delicious and satisfying way to nourish your body.
- Absolute care and attention to detail went into the creation of this amazing treat. Every one of the 4 additional flavors is made with superfood ingredients, each providing its own unique benefits, such as flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamins & healthy omegas. For instance, the mango in the African Mango & Turmeric flavor is indigenous to the tropical rain forests of Guinea and is abundant in Beta-carotene, Calcium, Iron and B vitamins. The seed extract has also been shown to assist weight loss and lower cholesterol. Every refreshing bite of Cocowhip is intended to deliver jam-packed nutrition!
Abbey and I share a mutual passion for leading healthy lifestyles that still include our favorite treats, only reinvented! Taste and enjoyment do not have to be sacrificed for health, and Cocowhip proves just that! Our hope and dream is to be able to share this delicious and creative powerhouse product with as large an audience as we can. Cocowhip shows how healthy living can be creative, innovative and delicious. Come see for yourself at Peoples Central!
Audrey Wright is an owner of Coco Traders Southwest, a Cocowhip distributor. She earned her Bachelor’s of Natural Health Science from the University of Natural Medicine. Audrey is a born and bred Texan, a vegan bikini bodybuilding competitor and enjoys strong coffee, traveling and riding horses.